- Art & Crafts
- Beauty & Grooming
- Family & Kids
- Fashion & Clothing
- Geek & Gaming
- Health & Fitness
- Home & Living
- Everything Else
- Music & Film
- Christmas Gift Ideas
- Redeem Gift
Letterbox Lab - The Explore Box
A delivery of educational and fun-filled science activities for children aged 6+.
Colourful concoctions and slippery slimes are just a few examples of what you might find in the lab of a little scientist. With The Explore Box from the Letterbox Lab, learning about science is made fun with a monthly delivery of cool lab equipment and exciting science activities for children aged 6 and over. Embark on a fun-filled science journey and make astonishing discoveries about the universe along the way. Learn, discover and play with a box of science fun every month!
From hidden rainbows to slimey experiments, The Explore Box delivers a new science adventure each month. Little scientists will be eager to dig their hands into crafty experiments and play dress up with nifty lab gear.
A monthly educational and fun-filled science kit for children aged 6+
- Receive an exciting monthly delivery of 3-5 experiments
- Everything you need to have fun playing with science, straight through your letterbox
- Incredible experiments from all areas of science, from chemistry to dinosaurs
- Science kits reinvented to be more fun, more educational and more convenient
- Playing with science is made easy with comic-book instructions and online extras
- Characters Meg and Pico provide helpful explanations along the way
Celebrate the wonderful world of science with The Explore Box from Letterbox Lab - the monthly subscription box that delivers everything required for youngsters to make astonishing discoveries about the universe from the comfort of their own home. Curious little scientists aged 6+ will receive an exciting monthly delivery of 3-5 experiments, plus multiple suggestions for extra activities to keep the fun going!
The boxes are designed to work in a series, with each box building upon the principles introduced in previous boxes for a truly eye-opening discovery journey! The first box is called Hidden Rainbows and provides an introduction to scientific methods and, more importantly, the joy of discovery! In Hidden Rainbows, children reveal hidden colours in inks, sweets and - thanks to their own customised rainbow glasses - light! Plus, cheeky lab assistants, Meg and Pico, provide helpful explanations and thoughtful questions to support learning from key stage 2 and onwards.
As children work their way through each box, their achievements are rewarded with a new “level up” badge, as well as a certificate and exciting gift in every third box.
The Explore Box is recommended for children aged 6+ under adult supervision. It contains small parts that pose a choking hazard for children under 36 months. The science kits were developed to fully conform to the Toy Safety Directive and do not contain substances that cause harm.
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this box!
Frequently Asked Questions
How does uOpen work?
You can order this subscription either for yourself or as a gift for someone. With most boxes you can pay monthly, in quarterly or 6-monthly installments, or annually, so choose which option you'd prefer. Then provide us with the delivery address and your payment details, and place your order. Once ordered, uOpen liaises with the subscription box seller and they arrange for your box to be delivered directly to you.
When will the first box in my subscription be sent?
Specific details for this box can be found on the ‘Subscription Overview’ section.
How does the subscription renewal work?
Your subscription will automatically renew every month, every 3 months, 6 months or annually, depending on what subscription term you select. The auto-renewal can be easily cancelled in your uOpen account, but must be done at least 24 hours before the renewal date, otherwise your next payment will be automatically taken.
- If you do not wish for the recipient to receive their box before Christmas, please select one of our gift voucher options.
- All orders placed after 17th December will despatched after Christmas.
- Letterbox Lab - The Explore Box is a monthly box product.
- Letterbox Lab: The Explore Box typically despatches 4 days after the order is placed.
- 3, 6, 12 month subscriptions are pre-paid in full upfront.
- Non-gift subscriptions renew automatically (every month, 3, 6 or 12 months depending on the selected term).
- Subscription auto-renewal can easily be cancelled (but must be done at least 24 hours before the renewal date).
- Delivery is FREE (UK addresses only).